Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2003

Re: [sharechat] The power of lateral thinking

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 09:47:15 +1200

Hi Macdunk,

> Did It ever
> cross your mind that there are times you can back nz to beat aus In
> Australia and aus to beat nz In New Zealand and back It In each
> country and be guaranteed to come out on top.   I don`t gamble but I
> made five hundred dollars on the David Tua fight doing just that
> regardless of who won.

OK, I'll bite.   I understand the principle of arbitrage that you have
outlined above.   On dual listed shares you can sometimes make
money by buying a share in one country and selling it in another, all on
the same day.

But why did you only make $500 if the Tua fight bet utilising both sides
of the Tasman was such a sure thing?

SNOOPY

--
Message posted by Harry Tennyson