|
Monday 27th August 2012 |
Text too small? |
Snapper Services, which runs the ticketing system used on Infratil's buses, says it is not to blame for delays in Auckland's Integrated Fares System which has led to Auckland Transport terminating its contract.
Infratil's Snapper unit failed to win the Auckland ticketing contract, which was awarded to France's Thales, leaving the Wellington-based company to cooperate in making the system work with its Snapper system
Snapper said it received notice on Friday that Auckland Transport was terminating the 2010 participating agreement under which it agreed to work with Thales on the integrated system. It warned that it would take "all necessary legal steps" to recover any losses "arising from the wrongful termination."
"Auckland Transport is being disingenuous with its attempt to position Snapper as the reason that the AIFS project is delayed," said Snapper chairwoman Rhoda Phillippo. Delivery of the system "was the responsibility of Auckland Transport, with their partner NZTA and their prime contractor Thales. Snapper's role was limited to integrating with that system, and the reality is that the AIFS system has not yet been built."
Confirmation that the contract had been terminated comes after behind the scenes talks failed to reach resolution.
"Over the course of the last few months Snapper and Auckland Transport have been discussing Snapper's role in the AIFS project," Phillippo said. "The parties had been working over the course of the last two weeks on next steps but were unable to reach agreement".
BusinessDesk.co.nz
No comments yet
PYS - PaySauce to announce F26 full year results on 27 May 2026
PEB - Draft LCD Proposes Medicare Coverage for Triage and Triage
MEL - Meridian Energy monthly operating report for April 2026
FBU - Sale of South Australian property
AIR - Air New Zealand market update
May 14th Morning Report
PEB - Pacific Edge Placement Increased to NZ$25.4 Million
Radius Care Reports Earnings Growth and 50% Higher Dividend
May 13th Morning Report
Pacific Edge launches capital raise of NZ$24 million