|
Friday 21st May 2004 |
Text too small? |
The meat processor posted a profit of $433,000 for the six months to March, down from $14.2 million for the same period last year. The share price was unchanged at $2.80 following the announcement, suggesting investors were content with the company's statement that it was on track to deliver its full-year profit target.
With the company fresh from last year's takeover offer from South Island PPCS, the lack of movement was even more understandable. Shareholder numbers have fallen from 2200 to about 550 as a result.
Richmond said it was disappointed with the result but expected a drop in profit due to the higher Kiwi dollar, storms over the East Coast last spring and severe flooding in February.
The industry remains volatile, being subject to climatic conditions, stock procurement battles and historic overcapacity.
Richmond said the result included one-off net costs in relation to business restructuring, shareholder litigation and insurance deductibility of $1 million relating to storm damage.
The company was 63% owned by PPCS and both companies were now working on lifting returns through combined synergies, Richmond chief executive Richard Carver said. The company was back on track to achieving its year-end profit target and "in excess" of this target for the 11-month period to August 31, 2004, following a change in balance date, he said.
No comments yet
February 20th Morning Report
SCL - Chief Financial Officer Transition
BLS - Strong YTD performance
CEN announces opening of NZ$75 million Retail Offer
AIA - 1H26 Interim Results
February 19th Morning Report
TWL - Share Purchase Plan Results
GMT revaluation, unit buyback and proposed structure update
Devon Funds Morning Note - 17 February 2026
CEN - Contact successfully completes NZ$450m Placement