By NZPA
|
Friday 6th September 2002 |
Text too small? |
Last month Straightedge extended its offer to September 27 after failing to meet the $4.1 million subscription level.
Straightedge chairman Marc Potter said in a statement today that closing the offer and refunding investors' funds was "the most responsible and appropriate thing to do at this point in time.
"The board reassessed that the current funding committed would not be enough, combined with a slower than anticipated ramp-up of sales to fund the business over the next 12-18 months," Mr Potter said.
Carter Holt Harvey said it would ensure investors received the original issue price of their shares.
"The Straightedge board is working with Carter Holt Harvey to find the best and quickest means of doing this, which we will announce in the next seven days," Mr Potter said.
Straightedge is listed on the New Capital Market but planned to list on the main board after buying Carter Holt Harvey's Straightedge division.
No comments yet
TWL - Share Purchase Plan Results
GMT revaluation, unit buyback and proposed structure update
Devon Funds Morning Note - 17 February 2026
CEN - Contact successfully completes NZ$450m Placement
February 17th Morning Report
PFI - Divestments
CEN offers to purchase remaining 25% of King Country Energy
February 16th Morning Report
SkyCity Appoints Chief Financial Officer
February 13th Morning Report