|
Tuesday 14th November 2017 |
Text too small? |
Mercer Group shares dropped 17 percent after the stainless steel fabricator said Fonterra Cooperative Group's final loss from the collapse of a silo it designed and supplied was $20 million.
The company's Mercer Stainless division designed and supplied a silo to TetraPak that collapsed at Fonterra's Edendale factory in September 2016. At the time, Mercer said the loss could be as high as $45 million. It also said it has professional indemnity and public and products liability insurance but that cover would depend on the findings of the investigation and the extent of its liability, if any, as well as the amount of cover and any relevant exclusions.
Mercer said no formal claim has been made by any party against Mercer Stainless to date. "Liability as between relevant parties has not yet been determined and the investigation is continuing, it said.
The stock dropped 6 cents to 30 cents, having shed 5.3 percent so far this year.
(BusinessDesk)
No comments yet
May 19th Morning Report
PYS - PaySauce to announce F26 full year results on 27 May 2026
PEB - Draft LCD Proposes Medicare Coverage for Triage and Triage
MEL - Meridian Energy monthly operating report for April 2026
FBU - Sale of South Australian property
AIR - Air New Zealand market update
May 14th Morning Report
PEB - Pacific Edge Placement Increased to NZ$25.4 Million
Radius Care Reports Earnings Growth and 50% Higher Dividend
May 13th Morning Report