Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2004

Re: [sharechat] Goldmoney website Woody

From: robin benson <rob@hammerheadmedia.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:54:22 +0000

Hi Woodie

> What I did was to  transfer my e-gold currency to my e-bullion account
> then
> I can get direct bailment of the physical metal.

This sounds like an excellent approach.

> But!
> in reality it is far easier to leave it in your e-gold account, no
> thief can
> steal it

Well, not physically :O)

> and you can sell it and recieve the cash either thru a debit card
> or thru your bank within 24 hours.

I don't have first-hand experience of e-gold, but this, and the fact
it's all online, makes it sound pretty good if you're a gold
trader/investor.

> What I was trying to explain to BaaBaa is the risks equal themselves
> out.
> i.e. e-gold goes under with your cash ( hardly likely )

I think they are protected in this sense, but I'm not 100% sure. No
business is really totally protected against fraud.

> A thief breaks into your safe and steals your gold.

Not so easy these days ...

Regards

Robin