Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2004

Re: [sharechat] Goldmoney website

From: "Baa Baa" <baa_baa@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:02:23 +0000

Robin,  "... e-gold is underwritten by physical gold held in
(LBMA-certified) third-party vaults with transactions involving escrow
agents."

... and that makes people feel safe? Not me.

>From: robin benson <rob@hammerheadmedia.co.uk>
>To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
>Subject: Re: [sharechat] Goldmoney website
>Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:42:21 +0000
>
>Hi BAA
>
>Point taken - absolutely.
>
>However, I understand that e-gold is underwritten by physical gold held in
>(LBMA-certified) third-party vaults with transactions involving escrow
>agents.
>
>See:
>
>       http://www.e-gold.com/unsecure/qanda.html
>
>Regards
>
>Robin
>
>NB: I have no material interest in e-gold.com whatsoever. Anybody wanting
>to use any service like this must satisfy themselves as to the suitability
>of that service for their situation.
>
>On 29 Jan 2004, at 10:34, Baa Baa wrote:
>
>>Robin,
>>
>>That's an interesting stat. In context with my other posts on the subject
>>the basis for me is simple. No one looks after my gold but me. Its a
>>perspective I don't like to complicate with liquidity, its about trust,
>>although partly a lack of trust, it's mainly about having fewer
>>counterparties to have to trust. I always know where my gold is and I can
>>reassure myself by looking at it, holding it.
>>
>>If people are happy with someone else looking after their gold then that's
>>their business.
>>
>>rgds
>>BAA

>To remove yourself from this list, please use the form at
>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/chat/forum/

Download MSN Messenger @  http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz   - add your
friends!

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Goldmoney website Woody Woody