Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2004

Re: [sharechat] Robbie Random

From: robin benson <rob@hammerheadmedia.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:30:32 +0000

Hi Woody

> Einstein said there is nothing random in the universe.

I would tend to have the same thought. We tend only to perceive
randomness because we don't have the tools to predict it all. Some we
manage, but humans are still pretty terrible about, for example, the
weather (and every time I hope that it's getting better it seems to be
as wrong as ever!).

> If you took a random walk down wall street  then how come you did it
> in an
> orderly manner. i.e Left foor first followed by right foot. The ancient
> Ninja of Japan perfected random walking so as not to be heard by their
> prey.
> Are you also adept ?

The ninja were said to have done a lot of things. However, I know what
you're getting at, and I imagine random walking would be insanely
difficult and never absolutely random. However, the prey, being human,
would be fooled by this approximation of randomness.

> i.e Humans 5 fingers, five toes, five apendages head, 2 legs 2 arms.
> The
> ratio of our body parts to each other are goverened by 1.618 the Golden
> Mean. Which is the proportions of the Pentagram
>
> i.e. Inanimate: snow flakes each a perfect Hexagram with exact equal
> sides.
> etc???

Matter has to come together somehow. Clue: if things are to replicate
and survive, the information needs to be stored efficiently. In fact,
defined as opposed to described. Have you read The Blind Watchmaker? If
not, it may help you understand.

> These are just a few of the Millions of examples I could show you.
> Every
> thing living and inaminate in the universe has a perfect mathematical
> form.
> Even you. Random, indeed, Does your heart have a random beat?

How does the universal presence of mathematics prove anything?

Regards

Robin