Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2003

Re: [sharechat] Advise please

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:13:01 +1300

Hi Ryan,

> I have $100,000 USD coming my way shortly :-)
>
> In your opinion - should I:
> a.    exchange the money into NZ dollar now and put it in the bank b.
>   exchange the money into NZ dollar now and invest it (purchase a
> small flat or shares) c.    keep the money in USD in a holding account
> (non interest bearing, I think) until the rate improves?? Say goes
> down to 60c?
>
> I guess what I would like to know is - what are your predictions for
> USD vs NZD?

Very difficult to predict that.    My best advice to you is to seek out
exactly what the best paid high profile bank economists are thinking,
then act on the presumption that they will be wrong......

If you can afford to, you could convert $US25,000 into NZD
immediately, $US25,000 in three months time, $25,000 three months
after that and so on, in a total of four 'bites'.     By doing it that way at
least you won't bring over all your money at the 'wrong' time.

SNOOPY

--
Message sent by Snoopy
on Pegasus Mail version 4.02