Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2003

[sharechat] reply to robin benson

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:20:39 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

Well robin I certainly got It wrong this time.   The market didn't spook as I anticipated with the mad cow scare.  WRI did drop 3 cents when I looked earlier, and regained 2 cents later that I missed.   I don't hold WRI, I sold out at $1.30 last Sept, and bought more POA at$6.25 .    I do put my money where my mouth Is which gives me plenty of scope.   I realized last Sept the dollar was to high, farm Incomes were dropping, and It was time to get out.  I still think the time Is not right to move back to farm related stocks judging by the bleating coming over my fence from next door.  It aint all sheep mate.   I only sell a share when I think the sector Is on the way down, or It hits my stop loss.  I have had two of those this year BRG and PRG.   Lost 10pcent each on those two but It Is my policy to buy Into a share In stages so I didn't lose to much. I hold four stocks POA  POT  AIA and PWC .  I waited on PWC when It was down trending and jumped In big when It bottomed.   You ask about an unrelated subject of what we think of the JFK assassination. I will answer you this way closer to your own doorstep.  There would not have been enough money In the world for me to board a flight that princess Di was on once she started running about with an Arab.  It Is all speculation we get told what to think on this side of the world same as you.
                 cheers Macdunk