Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2003

Re: [sharechat] reply to robin benson

From: Robin Benson <rob@hammerheadmedia.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:46:42 +0100

Hi MacDunk

Thanks for the interesting response. It's to your credit that you don't
mind admitting the odd wayward thought -- good to hear you didn't
actually follow up on your hunch. Then again, something might have
happened in the meantime which might have seen WRI exceeding your
September exit level by now. I suspect WRI will do quite well over the
next couple of years, but maybe not in comparison to the past few years.

It seems to me that the MacDunk trading strategy combines grass-roots
buzz with the MacDunk gut feel factor with a little bit of contrarian
thrown in and garnished with a sprig of trend-following. Always
colourful, always interesting. Seems to rub some people up the wrong
way, but that's an issue for them. Easing into an investment in stages
is also an interesting approach. How would this work if you get a hunch
about a stock like WRI (assuming it had dipped and bounced) when the
margin is quite thin? Regarding stop-losses, are these absolutely
rigid, or do you allow your gut feeling to override them? POA, POT
(what no LPC?), AIA are all in international markets ... is PWC your
balance?

Regarding JFK, I think you'll find that Morgy is the one who's
interested in JFK and whose post asked the question. I'm sure you'll
find, however, that being told what to think is universally consistent.
Oh, if you're interested in conspiracy, plug Bilderberg into Google --
that should keep you busy!

Cheers

Robin

disc. hold WRI