Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2003

Re: [sharechat] Censorship

From: "Morgy" <ica.sports@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:39:32 +1200

Phillip

Thanks for your prompt reply, I will go back to my JFK conspiracy theories once again :-) .

Brenda , Re touting on the net, I have noted that the email address I use for this site draws in many emails from financial service providers, I have been offered the "holy grail" of financial investment in many guises over the last year or two, even from those investment funds and brokers touting stocks that have now halved in value.

Allan
Have a look at the buildup to the iraq war and it could only but confirm a JFK conspiracy theory, same scenario with the exception that they have a war munger for president and didnt have to kill him, there was a bbc doco on TV here on Sunday night that showed the buildup from the 9/11 tragedy which showed how they attempted to join the dots with whatever tenuous evidence they were able to cobble together and by threatening everyone they could. Hardly surprising they are the most distrusted, least respected & most likely country to create war in the world according to a worldwide BBC poll published 2 weeks ago.
Interesting to note particularly that South Korea distrusts the US the most & considers them likely to cause war with the North.

Hey all said and done it kick started there economy again, big deficit but who cares it kept everyones mind off the economy.

While I started off topic re JFK, considerably more relevant however , I believe any investment strategy must have consideration of the macro political and economic conditions prevailing, as simple as keeping an eye on the bell weather indexes in the US, DOW, NASDAQ, S&P etc or as complex as tracking inter market relationships between OIL, US dollars etc (getting out of my depth now) to just simply following trends (had to get the TA slant in :-)  ) in developing economies such as china similar to the rise of the smaller asian tiger economies over the 80's & early 90's.

I have a pet theory (along with my JFK one) that Australia will grow economically out of all ordinary proportions because of its relationship with the US that it has forged through the War on terrorism and its percieved kindred relationship through the Bali bombing and "we support" you in Afghanistan and Iraq. When I lived in the UK in the early 80's it amazed me the amount of older people who often said to me that NZ fed britain through the war, look at the spin off we had through the 50,s ,60's & 70's from that relationship prior to Britain joining the forerunner to the EU.
 NZ on the other hand has forged a solid friendship with every banana republic who wants to suck the life out of us that we can, (oops warning,  the previous was not a politically correct statement in the current climate).

Regards

Morgy