Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2003

Re: [sharechat] Net brokers

From: "Russell" <allanrussell90@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:39:25 +1200

Marty I am with ASB securities, I went with them because it was a name I
knew and trusted, and my own bank does not do trading on the nzx. They seem
to be cheaper than others however getting things sorted with them was a
major mission. In the end I was given a voucher for a free trade to
compensate me for the extreme hassell involved. Now it is am up and running
it is a good system, the only cause of grief to me has been my mis
calculation in purchasing shares going up in value, the standard brokerage
being $ 24.50 for under $30000.00 transaction. Trying to get a big a bang as
possible for my buck went to purchase just under that ammount at market
price on a rising market and the few shares I got over the limit cost more
in brokerage than the shares were worth. I try to deal in slightly smaller
parcells now. Hope this  helps.
Al.