Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2003

[sharechat] Charts

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:19:34 -0700 (PDT)

Duncan,
       I have posted literally hundreds of charts on ShareChat. If you look
carefully, you will see that many feature "Buy" or "Sell" signals. It is a
simple matter for you (or anyone else) to go back through these archived charts
and see for yourself just exactly how accurate, useful or timely these signals
turned out to be. The successes and failures are there for all to see. Whether
I personally acted on any, all or none of these signals is irrelevant. Even in
the absence of any signals I would claim that these charts are of some worth. I
have, for example, advocated delaying buying many stocks on the basis of their
being in a downtrend. TLS is a good example of this - the chart has been saying
"don't buy" for 3 years now.

 It may interest you to know that the charts you describe as being "too
complicated" are criticised on the "other channel" as being too simple!!! The
systems that you think are no good are seen there as being "too good" - "right
every time" and therefore to be treated with great suspicion! Any stick is good
enough eh?

 The charts that I post simply show in graphical form what the market thinks of
a particular stock. My personal views are of no importance. What I do is
immaterial. Ignore me - what I think or do doesn't matter. Concentrate on what
the market is telling you. It is bigger than both of us - ignore it at your
peril.

 You describe making money on the market as "easy and good fun". This has not
been my experience. I enjoy trading but it took me many years of making
mistakes and losses before my profits became big enough or consistent enough to
quit my job. I still would not call it "easy". Perhaps you have not been
through many stockmarket crashes.

 It saddens me that you think my posts do more harm than good, and that I am
driving people off. Let's hope not too many people think as you do.

                   Phaedrus.