By NZPA
|
Tuesday 24th July 2007 |
Text too small? |
Pan Pacific Petroleum, which has a 10% interest in Tui, said that at 6am today the Ocean Patriot drilling rig was preparing to lift anchors at the Pateke-3H well.
It would be moving to the Hector prospect, to the southwest, to drill the first well in an upcoming Taranaki basin exploration programme.
David Salisbury, chief executive with New Zealand Oil & Gas, which has 12.5% of the Tui development, said other work at Tui was at an advanced stage and he was feeling confident about the chance of first oil by the end of the month.
NZOG said previously that the Tui oilfields were estimated to contain 27.9 million barrels of recoverable oil.
It was estimated that Hector, if successful, could contain up to 60 million barrels.
The other companies involved in Tui are AWE New Zealand Pty with 20%, New Zealand Overseas Petroleum Pty with 22.5%, and Mitsui E & P New Zealand with 35%.
No comments yet
PYS - PaySauce to announce F26 full year results on 27 May 2026
PEB - Draft LCD Proposes Medicare Coverage for Triage and Triage
MEL - Meridian Energy monthly operating report for April 2026
FBU - Sale of South Australian property
AIR - Air New Zealand market update
May 14th Morning Report
PEB - Pacific Edge Placement Increased to NZ$25.4 Million
Radius Care Reports Earnings Growth and 50% Higher Dividend
May 13th Morning Report
Pacific Edge launches capital raise of NZ$24 million