The year's best
- Frucor's V: Energy drinks come and go faster than a caffeine rush but V stayed on top. Frucor shares listed at $1.45 and have gone as high as $2.47.
- AMI Insurance: AMI distinguished itself from the generally boring insurance category first with Kelly Browne and then this year's embarrassing shower scene campaign.
- Caltex: The mystery motorist branding stuck as well as its series of dry commercials linking up with other brands like Urgent Couriers.
- Popstars: The TV show format that created a monster - in New Zealand, Australia and, soon, the US.
- Cuisine: The classy glossy that's now almost as big as a phone book. Carries on proving magazines can work in a crowded market; launched a website this month.
- Paul Holmes: From last year's worst brand list to this year's recovery as the singer, the cancer battler, the survivor.
The year's worst
- Fiji: A coup has this annoying way of destroying a country's credibility and so George Speight lobbed a few zeros off the Pacific nation's balance sheet this year. Punters are staying away.
- Iridium: The go-anywhere satellite phone got a big financial disconnection early in the year after it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the US. All that hype for nothing.
- Pepsi: Its offshore marketers promised a new and exciting path for the fizzy drink company after Frucor bought it from Lion Nathan last year. Uh-uh. Where Pepsi went this year: obscurity.
- e-anything: After April it took more than an "e" in front of your name to go places; just look at eVentures. Better still visit www. justanotherdotcom.com.
- The Warriors: When media turn down freebie tickets you know you're in trouble. Tainui dramas, sponsorship traumas and game losses. Eric Watson, we're depending on you.
- Act: Prebs and Co perform a suicide poll stunt.
- Pink Lindauer: You know why.
Comments from our readers
No comments yet
Add your comment:
Rio Tinto decision following strategic review of Tiwai
Contact says smelter closure is ‘disappointing’
South Port (SPN) Statement on NZAS Tiwai Point Aluminium Smelter Closure
Rio Tinto announcement on Tiwai Aluminium Smelter
Me Today announces equity raising to accelerate growth
Scott Technology Trading Update; Rising to the COVID Challenge
New non-binding indicative offer received from apvg, shareholder meeting deferred
U.S. Added 4.8 Million Jobs in June as Reopened Businesses Rehired
Auditors have a duty to be alert to fraud
Strong sales recovery but uncertainty remains over economic outlook and potential second wave of COVID-19