|
Friday 19th December 2014 |
Text too small? |
Steel & Tube Holdings is considering its legal position after an interim judgment found in favour of Lewis Holdings' $1.75 million claim over a disputed lease contract.
In October, the Lower Hutt based company denied any legal responsibility for losses relating to a contract lease between former subsidiary Stube Industries, which was liquidated last year, and Lewis Holdings. The interim judgment found in favour of the plaintiff, but didn't award damages pending further evidence, Steel & Tube said in a brief statement.
Accounting firm McDonald Vague's Boris van Delden and Peri Finnigan were appointed replacement liquidators of Stube in July last year after the resignation of Stephen Tietjens and Peter Chatfield of Accru Smith Chilcott and applied to the High Court to pool the assets of Steel & Tube as one entity, according to their latest report. Lewis Holdings filed an application for directions in September last year, which the liquidators later joined as second plaintiffs.
The June liquidators' report said they had received creditor claims of $2.62 million relating to the lease obligation, including the present value of rental payments.
Shares of Steel & Tube were unchanged at $2.90 and have declined 6.4 percent since the start of the year.
BusinessDesk.co.nz
No comments yet
BLT - Strong revenue and underlying earnings growth
MFB - Food Bag reports full year profitability up 5.3%
TWR - Tower reports strong HY earnings
IPL - FY26 Annual Results
May 21st Morning Report
May 20th Morning Report
May 19th Morning Report
PYS - PaySauce to announce F26 full year results on 27 May 2026
PEB - Draft LCD Proposes Medicare Coverage for Triage and Triage
MEL - Meridian Energy monthly operating report for April 2026