Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2004

Re: [sharechat] Short Selling Conditions

From: "Cristine Kerr" <criskerr@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:13:29 +1000

Hi Baa,

Thank you for contributing. The following is very disturbing and suggests an absence of opportunity to apply equal force (counter strategy).

' ... In stocks, similar circumstance pervades, where short positons can be taken
-without the underlying ability [or requirement!]- to recompense an
exercised position with the stock [asset] itself, and instead, cash
compensation as closure is -acceptable- without regard for provision of the
asset itself! Extraordinary, but real. ... '

Hmph! What is a girl to do?

Regards,
Cris