Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2004

RE: [sharechat] Option trading

From: "Baa Baa" <baa_baa@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 05:35:32 +0000

No. You have initially 'bought to open' (a position) being a call option for
the premium (price) you paid. You chose then to 'sell to close', and was
paid the premium by the buyer. The initial WRITER of the option who 'Sold to
open' is the one who holds the stocks required to fulfill the call option
should it be exercised.

There’s never been a better time to get Xtra JetStream @
http://xtra.co.nz/jetstream