Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2004

[sharechat] Silver prices - Buffet High

From: "Baa Baa" <baa_baa@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 05:31:49 +0000

Woody, that's nice of you to point out that Digital photography will benefit
from the rising Silver price, but as a response to my post that Silver has
exceeded the 'Buffet high', it's a rather tired old point which has nothing
to do with why Silver has burst up to new highs. I think you might've been a
bit bored at the time, maybe trying to figure how many Rambutans to buy for
your reef trip. How did it go BTW?

The reasons Silver is rising so dramatically at present is largely due to
the rebalancing of the historical Gold:Silver ratio (a critical indicator),
the initiation of the trend to remonitisation, pressure on short positions
(as people re-awaken to the humungous overhang -ergo more paper by far than
metal in the market), and finally good old speculation.

My initial post indicated my response to these new Silver metal highs, which
included taking some profits 'in case' it falls back, while remaining vested
sufficiently to enjoy further upside should it occur. Your TA skills would
be of value if you were prepared to make an assessment of the XAGUSD chart,
than an off the cuff poke at that tired fundamental snippet.

For those truely interested in Silver, this link to Ted Butlers archives
should be enlightening. http://www.investmentrarities.com/tb-archives.html

Rgds to all,
BAA

From: "Woody" <solarmax@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:15:24 +1000
There is a little caution in Silver being so high. Since 80% of silver is
used by the Photographic industry and since digital photography is making
serious inroads into the professional photographic industy, these high
prices will follow on down into the Cost of Film which could push many fence
sitting professionals over to the digital side, that could see a major drop
in the price of Silver.

Sorry for getting a little fundamental here.

Woody