Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2004

RE: [sharechat] Options trading

From: Steve Worthington <steve@jungle.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:31:26 +1200

Title: Message
Hi Paul,

In NZ you can use Tricom, which is who I recently signed up with, they are a full service broker, set you up an AUS$ account which you can fund from here. They have office in AKL and WLG and are very approachable. I also just signed up with sanford (www.sanford.com.au) who are based in aussie and have online options trading, if you are a casual user then its $38 odd per trade and again they will set up a cash management account for you.

Do read what they have online at asx.com.au about options, when you know and understand them there are many great opportunities to generate cashflow. I choose to trade options, which in a fluctating market gives you the best of both worlds, make money when the market goes up, make money when the market goes down - in theory anyway ;)

Oh, I only trade options in AUS at the moment, but tricom can help you with the US also. Actually listening to the lead broker at tricom in AKL he is on a board with members of the NZX who are discussing setting up exchange traded options for NZ shares, I wouldnt have thought there was the liquidity here but it would be great to see.

Happy trading, cheers, steve.