[sharechat] TLS

From: "winner69 ." <wwinner69@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 04:14:54 +0000

Snoopy mate - I note that others have got stuck in to about your use of the
word 'tautology' but your maths weren't too good in that reply to my not
post re TLS. If only going from 467 to 500 was a 15% gain than I would agree
that it would be good if things 'don't look so good'.

And wasn't I a bit naughty being so loose in in the way I used the phrase
'safe bet'

Back to Telstra. Your words "I think Telstra does have a low downside risk.
  That's because it is the
dominant player in the telecommunications industry in Australasia by far"
echoed in my thoughts when I saw this dude on Business Sunday comparing
Telstra today to BT (British Telecom) of a few years ago. BT was in that
same position a few years ago before competition undermined it soo much it
needed a huge bailout. I think that dude today was trying to say that
Telstra needs to change it ways and not rely on its traditional thinking ...
maybe Ziggy been around too long.

Interesting view that somebody suggests that that could happen to Telestra
- but that downside risk such an event would take some time to eventuate. As
such ny theory (alright hope or wishful thinking) that the TLS shareprice
will rise from 467 (yes that is the answer answer to the ultimate question)
to 542 odd is not affected.

Go Telstra over the next few weeks

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here
http://ninemsn.seek.com.au/