Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2004

[sharechat] Marshall Law in the USA?

From: "Lazy Haggis" <lazyhaggis@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:38:56 +0000

I think we'd all be fools to assume that the world is heading into a happier
and stable place. Within this decade we will all witness further major
terrorist atrocities, including such acts on the USA mainland.

The fact that the USA economy is clearly in a mess, and is technically
bankrupt, will ultimately lead to a major fall in the US dollar and
corresponding rise in the price of gold. When this event occurs it's
unlikely to lead to Marshall Law being imposed on the streets of the USA.

However, once terrorism takes on a significant new foothold in the USA (not
if, but when) the possibility of imposing Marshall Law is very real. Global
terrorism will also push up the price of gold.

Numerous other factors (Chinese buying for example) will also push up the
price of gold.

What's there to look forward to this decade? A significant increase in the
price of gold and even more significant increases in the value of resource
stocks, the possibility of Marshall Law in the USA being declared, and the
possibility of not too many safe places to travel to spend your wealth.

However, Australia and New Zealand are more likely to remain some of the
better places regardless.

Have a great day everyone.
Lazy Haggis

http://wine.msn.com/