Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2003

Re: [sharechat] reply to mad cow disease by macdunk.

From: Robin Benson <rob@hammerheadmedia.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:31:17 +0100

Point of fact: WRI were down 1c today, 0.8%, as far as I can see.
Further, you made no prediction specific enough to make it significant
in this case, nor can you expect to buy WRI back cheaper in three weeks
time any more than you can expect a mad cow to start selling chocolate
milk next door.

Indeed, if WRI hover in the range they have been fluctuating within in
the last few weeks, you'd be hard pressed, given this short-term
betting against Mr Market strategy, to come out anything but short of a
few more dollars for the experience (and the brokers a few dollars
richer).

So, MacDunk, what I'm interested in is did you act on your predictions?
If so, I'm genuinely interested how you get on -- please report back.

Cheers

Robin