Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2002

[sharechat] Gold Chart

From: "soarer2" <soarer2@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 17:42:54 +1300

On the  26th  of April this year some on this chat group gave their thoughts
as to where Gold would be by year end ( see below ). Its most recent close
was $349.

I  believe Gold will be $ 400 - $ 500 an ounce next year, with unhedged gold
co's being rerated accordingly.  Stock markets will not recover next year
when PE ratios are still as follows as at the end of November;    NAS  41 /
DOW 24 / S&P 25.7

Unless we have an  increase in earnings which is extremely unlikely
considering Xmas retailing in the States was the worst in thirty years, with
consumption being roughly 66% of the US economy. Surely Business Capital
expenditure which Wall Street is telling us will drive the economy next year
will not pick up when companies like United Airlines are going under. These
companies are struggling to stay alive, why would they increase their CAPEX
???

Falling consumption ( Xmas figures ) Flat or falling CAPEX  ( record
bankruptcies )   =   LOWER STOCK PRICES

Gold - Long
Stock markets  - Short

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] NRT--NOVOGEN-- Update of Information. G Stolwyk