Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2002

RE: [sharechat] how are overseas investors taxed in NZ?

From: crt jakhel <crt@dergan.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 08:42:04 +0100 (CET)

> If you don't mind me asking 'crt', how did you 'discover' the NZSE?
> I am interested because the NZ government is keen to encourage
> overseas investors, so I am wondering if they can learn any lessons
> from how you were attracted to our market?
> Since I know nothing about your market, I am also curious about the
> kind of companies that are available to invest in in Slovenia.  Could
> you give us a brief description of your own market?

Snoopy,

I've just finished a reply to Nevan - I was reading my mail backwards so
his message came first. Please let me know what remains open after you
read that reply which contains, I hope, a rough overview of the
developments in Slovenia. I'll be happy to tell you more on specifics.

As to my way of discovering the NZSE, I went through the world markets one
by one so this is not something the local government would draw any
experience from. I do admit to a small bias since a distant family
friend has moved to NZ some 25 years ago, and of course because of the
Ring. ;)

regards,
crt