Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2002

Re: [sharechat] NZSE40 1987

From: "Rockbottom" <rockbottom@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:18:50 +1300

Interesting to see the graph of the 1987 debacle. We sold our remaining
shares on the Friday before the crash. Our broker told us he was sorry we
were selling then because the market would go up the following week.
The main reason we sold was the need for cash to settle a capital
transaction, not that we believed there would be a drop to rock bottom.

Rockbottom