Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2002

Re: [sharechat] NZSE40 1987

From: "Nick McCaw" <nick.mccaw@golearn.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:21:09 +1300

Its worth mentioning that the index has very little bearing on individual trading decisions.

I took the time several years ago to run very basic stop loss strategies over at least 100 NZ stocks during the 87 episode. The results were extremely convincing that even a basic 5 or 10% sop loss would have had you out of the vast majority well before the 19th.

I will try to dig up the research to substantiate these claims.

In other news, gold has been my only source of sustained joy in this market. Will look to take some profit rather than ride out the next dip. Always an opportunity to buy these volatile beasts when they get cheap again.

Regards to all for the silly season

Nick McCaw

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] NZSE40 1987 Rockbottom