Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2002

Re: [sharechat] Where to now for gold (Stephen Tong)

From: Derek <dkw@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:12:41 +1200

Hi Winner69,

I know that you addressed your message to Stephen, but here is my reply anyway.

To me it looks like gold has failed almost totally.
Holding on to paper money would have been just as effective in the
preservation of wealth through the recent turbulent times.

Various comments by people saying that gold is only a commodity
and nothing more seem to be ringing true.

Whether the failure in gold has been orchestrated or not is a mute point.
In the end it is the perception that gold has failed is important, at
least in the shorter term.

Regards,
Derek

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] The 'BIL International' equation tennyson@caverock.net.nz