Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2002

Re: [sharechat] Where to now for gold (Stephen Tong)

From: "Steven Tong" <soarer2@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:24:56 +1200

Hi Winner,

Glad to hear you have been making profits in this tough environment.  I am
still holding BSG  ( aussie gold & silver )  although slightly out of the
money at present.

I believe there will be a shortage of silver in the future, and so does
Warren Buffet and Billy Gates, they have bought silver, hence I am still
holding this stock.

As for Gold, I have taken a 12 month view on it and the action of the last
few weeks is the normal functioning of the market. I still believe by year
end gold and silver will be higher than at present but a move to $ 280 - $
290 is possible. I was surprised gold did not breach $ 330, but your
comments below re JP  etc
tells me your reading extends past the business section of the herald.

Their derivative short position on gold is off the planet and closely tied
to the major central banks around the world, so gold is up against it. For
me nothing has fundamentally changed in the US markets, this rally was
always going to happen, it was just to what extent. Has everyone forgotten
Enron, World com etc its seems in the short term they have and greed has
returned - PERFECT if  the Dow goes into the 9000's I will short it, and
make money from the herd who believe everything they read in USA today (  a
newpaper for those who have not read it )

Gold / Silver - Long
Dow  - Short