Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2002

Re: [sharechat] WRI

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 19:50:19 +0000

> some great posts on wri, have had 2 good trades on wri but not at
> the moment, my reason weekly directional turned down 1st week in
> march, any rally is on light volume, 30wk m/a has turned down, but
> who knows will keep watching.

Just in case anyone got the wrong message, I wasn't suggesting
Wrightson's be watched as a trading opportunity.  The classic 'ideal'
income share trades at a constant price adjusting upwards and
downwards only to account for the dividends to be paid/ just paid.
This is the worst type of share possible for a trader.  You can't
trade a share that flatlines.  But as I have said before, there is no
such thing as a straight income share, as all shares have elements of
growth and income in them.  So I am not saying that you can't speak
about trends in WRI.

The observation above that the WRI share price has trended down
(short/medium term) is a positive for the income investor.  The fact
that the price is lower means the dividend yield is higher.   For the
income investor waiting for the share to trend higher, which means
the yield is reduced, makes no sense.

Likewise volume is only of interest, as long as the volume of shares
traded is sufficient to allow the income investor to buy their
shares.  Generally the fact that the volume has turned down is of no
interest to the income investor.

SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz