Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2002

Re: [sharechat] GOLD / SILVER

From: "Steven Tong" <soarer2@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 22:38:56 +1200

Hi,

Would prefer not to recommend anything, because if it goes the other way I
wouldn't want people to follow my humble recommendations and lose money,
also there are plenty of people on this site who would love to see these
stocks fall and send in pathetic I told you so emails.

The way I see it, and I have been saying this for a while, there are only
two strategies at present shorting the DOW or BEING LONG GOLD, if anybody
can give me three good reasons why they would be long equities at present,
please reply.

Corporate America is crumbling, if anybody  thinks this will not effect NZ
in the medium term they should think again. Without wanting to sound like a
doomsdayer I believe we are heading for a major worldwide depression
sometime next year.  There is a credit crunch looming in the states, banks
are closing their loan books, Brazil is the next to default on loans, while
our friends in Japan have their heads in the sand and still refuse to write
off bad debts.

There will BE NO RECOVERY IN US EQUITIES THIS YEAR,  Cisco is still trading
on a multiple of 85, how can this possibly go higher. The Reserve bank will
have to ease next year as falling commodity prices and export volumes fall,
I will be loading up on Govt stock after the next foolish raising of
interest rates by the Reserve bank.

Gold  / Silver - looks like they are going to go higher

 1550 on the NASDAQ is technically very important, if it breaks this level
somesay 1100