Re: [sharechat] NZ Dollar

From: "Geoff Brown" <brownz@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 21:17:38 +1200

Hi Lindley,

I recently had a punt or hedge on the $NZ I took this out over a year ago at
.41US$ this cover expired at the end of March and I lost $6000.......... If
it had expired now  I would have made $10 000 but as a farmer I  have made
much more for the $ being low over this period.

Now  imho I think in the short period the $NZ will continue to rise till
early next year but longer out I am pretty sure NZ will become the next
Argentina with the potential of the currency falling 30-50% as the crash in
commodity prices continue......... The rats are starting to leave the
sinking ship with Brash resigning and all the resignations from fronterra..

Did you know that world dairy prices are at a twenty year low?
 Beef prices in the states have crashed....

I have been putting most of my spare cash into Gold stocks and so far have
had a dream run ... but that's another story

Geoff