[sharechat] NZ Dollar

From: "Lindley Smith" <lindleysmith@bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 10:37:13 +0100

I know it's not a company but does anyone have any interesting thoughts on
the NZ Dollar.

It's provided a pretty good return over the last few months.

I've been looking to take some money out of NZ for a little while but I've
decided to hold back and see where the NZD will take me.

I've been looking at the charts on the NBNZ website and it looks to me like
it's broken out on the upside of an uptrend, from a TA point of view what
does that mean?

I remember the Big Mac index a few weeks suggested the NZD and AUD were
significantly undervalued, by about 30% if I remember correctly. Does anyone
have any thoughts on a reasonable level for the NZD. My guess would be
somewhere around US55c. But what would the farmers say?

For those of you 'long and strong' on gold, has gold provided a +ve return
in NZD terms?