Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2001

[sharechat] RCH Chart

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:21:12 -0700 (PDT)

Ross,
      You have got yourself out of sync with the market, buying when you should
be selling, and selling when you should be buying. This can easily happen if
you are unclear as to what timeframe you are operating in - what type of trader
you are. Long-term traders and holders of RCH are happy - it is in a long-term
uptrend. Medium-term traders are happy - they have doubled their money in 3
months, and have sold, locking in the profits. Short-term traders are happy -
RCH is in a short-term uptrend.
  I do not understand what you mean when you say "I thought that using a
'trigger' below the previous days close would have left me in."
  Below is an updated Candlestick chart, with MACD, MACD Histogram and
Stochastic oscillator. You can read about interpretation of these indicators at
http://www.equis.com/free/taaz/intindicators.html          Dr Alexander Elder
devotes a large proportion of his book "Trading for a Living" to explaining how
he uses these indicators in combination as his trading system. In my opinion
though, Elder's triple screen system is not well suited to small lightly traded
stocks such as RCH.
                 Phaedrus.