Re: [sharechat] Telecom

From: "nick" <acummin@es.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 04:52:05 +1200

                  I was in london at xmas and there are shops springing up
everywhere,
where you can walk in and phone anywhere in the world for a very cheap
price,
they were not run by british telecom, but new tech companies.
               Telecom and the like are gradually losing their core
buisness,
in recent years virtually every house has had a phone and sent a bill to
telecom.
       Thats changing now, many people like myself only now have a phone for
the internet,
and that will change when cable arrives.   Many others are relying on cell
phones and
internet for their calls.   Long distance calls are increasingly taking
place on
the internet. Times are changing very quickly and all sorts of players
are after telecoms buisness.  They recognise this (finally) and are
going to cut dividends and start on a policy of more aggresive growth.
       The times when they could sit back and enjoy their monopoly are over
                     nick