Re: [sharechat] stop-losses

From: "Rini H" <the4rs@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 22:11:37 +1300

Hi Peter,
Enjoy your stop loss comment "if you can't afford to lose the money, why be in the market".
According to me there are always 2 ways to look at it, such as in an uptrend market the STOP LOSS is more important to lock in profit.
For example: We have just watched a spectacular increase in ADV today. The cyclical nature of the sharemarket price will retrace again (may be tomorrow?).
The STOP LOSS will help you get out of the market with maximum profit.

On the other side I bought ITCOD a while ago at a price which is higher than the ITC price today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I regret it that I did not put STOP LOSS for that, not because I can afford to lose the money, but because I've been beaten but the market.
I thought as an investor we are always racing to beat the market.

Cheers,
Rini