Re: [sharechat] a query re AQL

From: Derek Watt <dkw@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:39:11 +1300

Hi Hugh,
According to an artical in the dominion today its 4.5 Cents,
representing a cashed up value of $10.2 m after debt repayment.
But a (Aust.)1 cent difference in the price that they can get for the
Bliss shares makes a $1.6 M gain or reduction in the value of AQL.

I guess you'll be running of to buy some now at 17 cents ?

But seriously, I've still got 10% of my portfolio in AQL, the managements
got a pretty good record of making money as you well know.

Cheers,
Derek

At 09:16 PM 2/29/00 +1300, you wrote:
>at the risk of having my head bitten off
>I do have an interest in buying AQL as a value investor.
>Investors will recall that cashed up shells like SEU and
>SMR have drifted below their net cash assets per share (when nothing
>happened for a long time)
>and its times like that that Sir Ron used to strike.
>Does anyone have any idea what the realistic net
>asset value per share of AQL is incl both cash and
>aquarium etc assets? Hopefully there aren't a lot
>of dilutionary factors from options.
>Now if someone came up with a magic number like 14.5 cents
>say, then I'd be in like a hungry dog at an appropriate discount.
>
>cheers,
>hugh

>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/          New Zealand's home for market investors
>To remove yourself from this list, please us the form at
>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Derek Watt
http://members.tripod.com/DKWatt/

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.