[sharechat] 20/20

From: "Matthew Van Veen" <mattvanveen@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 09:05:39 GMT

Good little story on 20/20 tonight re Tech Stocks in USA and some who have
made money from them. Staff that were employed were payed a lesser amount
but given stock options and I think if I remember right one guys options
were 33c working for Amazon.com. Now he is obviously a millionaire like many
others that were given stock options by their employers 2-3 years ago at the
start of the NASDAQ boom. Also showed one man who believed in the management
of a dot.com and initially brought 2000 shares which he later sold 1750 to
buy wife diamond ring. Kept 250 shares which grew and he reinvests profit
which makes him a few hundred thousand dollars better off. If he had not
sold his initial 1750 shares to buy his wife a $10000 ring then they would
be worth appprox US$3000000 so men I think there is a lesson in there for us
somewhere?? Aside from that, interesting and bet there is a lot more stories
to come. May even get some new players into the market.