[sharechat] Any opinions on Fortune Strategy reviewed in today's SST?

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 17:12:34 +1300

I haven't previously come across this book which seems to be put
out annually. Its written by Ean Higgins and Arun Abey. How does it
compare with say Making Money on the NZ Sharemarket by Newman
and Briggs or Buffetology by Mary Buffett?
If its worthwhile I'll follow it up but I don't really want to waste time
on a tome which tells you how to diversify into houses and fixed
interest and bonus bonds and British deposits and Canadian funds
to the point where one has diversified into a weighted average mediocrity.
(What I do appreciate about the forum is that by and large people are
trying to pick winners rather than sink into mediocrity.)
So any recommendations on Fortune Strategy? Another bore that
equates to sticking money under your mattress in a more complicated
way or has it got some good points for people trying to pick winners
rather than trying to average down losers?

cheers,
Hugh

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.