|
Friday 13th December 2013 |
Text too small? |
Infratil, which this month bought back $59 million of its shares, wants to raise up to $100 million from a five-year bond, a day after the Reserve Bank signalled interest rates are set to start rising next year at a faster rate than previously flagged.
The Wellington-based infrastructure investor is offering up to $50 million in infrastructure bonds to all New Zealand investors, with the ability to accept oversubscriptions of up to $50 million, paying annual interest of 6.75 percent, and maturing on Nov. 15, 2019, it said.
In a letter to investors, chairman Mark Tume said the proceeds will be used for general corporate proceeds.
The offer will open on or around Dec. 23, and close on Feb. 14. ANZ New Zealand, Deutsche Craigs, Forsyth Barr, First NZ Capital and Westpac Institutional Bank will manage the offer.
The bond offer comes a day after central bank governor Graeme Wheeler hardened his guidance for higher interest rates next year, saying the bank's forecasts suggest the key rate will rise 2.25 percentage points over two-and-a-quarter years.
The five-year swap rate, the fixed cost to receive a floating rate, was recently at 4.6 percent, having increased from 3.06 percent at the start of the year as the prospect of rising rates
The shares were unchanged at $2.28 today.
BusinessDesk.co.nz
EROAD Appoints New Director Progressing Board Renewal
OCA delivered record full year result
BLT - Strong revenue and underlying earnings growth
MFB - Food Bag reports full year profitability up 5.3%
TWR - Tower reports strong HY earnings
IPL - FY26 Annual Results
May 21st Morning Report
May 20th Morning Report
May 19th Morning Report
PYS - PaySauce to announce F26 full year results on 27 May 2026