Sharechat Logo

Deutsche Securities orders 15% of RBD shares

By Ben Dutton

Wednesday 1st November 2000

Text too small?
Deutsche Securities is to buy up to 13,800,000 ordinary shares in Restaurant Brands at the price of $1.25 per share.

The stand in the market is on behalf of AMP Henderson Global Investors, not Restaurant Brands itself.

Restaurant Brands said that they welcomed AMP Henderson Global Investors as a quality shareholder.

However, unless RBD investors were able jump on the internet or the phone to sell their shares, chances are that any participation in the stand is already too late.

This stand happened on a "Special Board". Under the stock exchange rules, the broker handling the market stand must buy 20% on market and can buy the remaining 80% from its own clients.

In this case, orders immediately filled the required 20% (2.76 million shares) so Deutsche Securities will probably now fill the rest of the order from its own clients. However, if Deutsche Securities can't buy the required amount, they may go back to the open market again.

Even though this may seem unfair to the smaller investor, it is actually more advantageous - it would have been just as easy for Deutsche Securities to scout around its larger shareholders and carry out the transaction off-market. In this case though, at least some shareholders will have had the chance to sell at $1.25, which is a good premium above where RBD has been trading lately.

Restaurant Brands shares on the main board jumped following the news, and have lately been trading at around $1.20.

  General Finance Advertising    

Comments from our readers

No comments yet

Add your comment:
Your name:
Your email:
Not displayed to the public
Comment:
Comments to Sharechat go through an approval process. Comments which are defamatory, abusive or in some way deemed inappropriate will not be approved. It is allowable to use some form of non-de-plume for your name, however we recommend real email addresses are used. Comments from free email addresses such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc may not be approved.

Related News:

Restaurant Brands' 2Q sales rise 6.2 percent , led by Carl's Jr outlets
Is this the beginning of end for Starbucks?
Restaurant Brands bets on new brands to drive future earnings growth
Restaurant Brands expects 2014 profit will be marginally ahead of 2013
Restaurant Brands lifts 1st quarter sales 3.9 percent after adding Carl's Jr stores
Restaurant Brands scotches talk of buying Western Australian KFC stores
Restaurant Brands annual profit slips 4.5 percent, sees bigger earnings in 2013
Restaurant Brands 4th-qtr sales rise 4.5 percent as Carl's Jr makes up for Starbuck’s dip
Restaurant Brands 3Q sales creep higher
Restaurant Brands predicts flat annual profit, holds interim dividend

IRG See IRG research reports