Wednesday 29th July 2020
|Text too small?|
Downer EDI Limited (Downer) announced today that its Asset Services business had recently been awarded a number of contracts in the power generation, oil and gas, and industrial sectors with a combined value of approximately $324 million.
In the power generation market, Downer has been awarded multiple contracts including:
• a four-year contract with Delta Electricity to deliver major and minor outages and supplementary labour for the Vales Point power station on the NSW central coast;
• a contract for the installation of a refurbished Hitachi 500MW stator for the Loy Yang B Power Station in Victoria for LYB Operations & Maintenance Pty Ltd; and
• a contract with Stanwell Corporation for inspections and rewinds of six 350 MW generator rotors for its Stanwell and Tarong power stations in Queensland.
In the oil and gas market, Downer has been awarded:
• a three-year framework agreement with Santos for the provision of multi-discipline works across existing upstream operational sites. Services include structural, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation, provided across various site locations; and
• a one-year extension to an existing maintenance contract with the operator of the Darwin Liquified Natural Gas facility in Darwin.
In the industrials market, Downer has been awarded:
• a two-year contract with BHP for the delivery of sustaining capital projects across their Western Australian iron ore sites. The services cover sustaining capital projects in mechanical, electrical and rail; and
• a site services contract with Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy and Fertilisers group for the provision of
electrical maintenance and shutdowns over the Western Australian and Northern Territory operations.
The Chief Executive Officer of Downer, Grant Fenn, said the contract wins demonstrate Downer’s position as an industry leader in the delivery of major maintenance and specialist services to customers in the resources, energy and industrial sectors.
“Through our Asset Services business, Downer has an excellent track record of delivering installation, maintenance and shutdown services to our customers across Australia,” Mr Fenn said.
“These new and extended contracts are a strong endorsement of our capability as an asset management partner of choice and demonstrates the strength of our ongoing, long-term relationships with our customers.”
No comments yet
Further Contract Win Strengthens Scott Technology’s Position In Mining Sector
China’s Assertiveness Is Becoming a Problem for Its Friends, Too
New Talisman - Chairman’s Address to AGM 2020 August 6, 2020
T&G reports its 2020 Interim Results
Gold price hits $2,000 for first time on Covid
TruScreen strengthens its market presence in central and eastern Europe
Refining NZ announces non-cash impairment
Ryman Healthcare COVID-19 update Victoria
Talisman Quarterly Activities Report to 30 June 2020
General Capital gives notice of Annual Meeting