|
Monday 25th June 2012 |
Text too small? |
Fonterra directors face a quandary after two-thirds of farmer shareholders voted to support the controversial Trading Among Farmers scheme, but failed to support constitutional changes which were intended to give them protections they said they wanted against possible influence from outside investors.
The first of two resolutions, requiring only a 50 percent majority to allow the TAF scheme to go ahead in principle, attracted 66.45 percent of the vote, which may be sufficient to allow it to go ahead.
Fonterra chairman Henry van der Heyden had said earlier that a bare majority of farmer support for TAF would see the scheme stall.
To help it over the line, the Fonterra board also proposed six protections for farmer shareholders in the dairy cooperative, requiring 75 percent farmer support, but which only achieved 72.8 percent support.
A press conference on the result of the vote, which closed at 4p;m today, is scheduled shortly.
BusinessDesk.co.nz
No comments yet
TWL - Share Purchase Plan Results
GMT revaluation, unit buyback and proposed structure update
Devon Funds Morning Note - 17 February 2026
CEN - Contact successfully completes NZ$450m Placement
February 17th Morning Report
PFI - Divestments
CEN offers to purchase remaining 25% of King Country Energy
February 16th Morning Report
SkyCity Appoints Chief Financial Officer
February 13th Morning Report