Sharechat Logo

Can I trade in New Zealand easily if I live in Australia?

Thursday 24th January 2002 1 Comment

Text too small?
Q: I am an Australian citizen and resident and was wondering about the possibility of trading on the NZSE. Do I need to find a specialist broker or can I do this directly via a NZ online site?

A: There are no additional special requirements for Australians who want to buy NZ shares. New Zealand brokers are required under NZSE Members Rules and Regulations to 'Know their client' so you will have to provide everything required when you sign up with a broker. That usually involves filling in an application form and providing two forms of ID (usually a copy of your passport and drivers licence or similar). If you are trading online most brokers require a NZ$ Cash Management Account with cleared funds upfront before they will execute your first purchase.

  General Finance Advertising    

Comments from our readers

On 24 November 2011 at 8:21 pm Gary said:
I am looking for a NZ broker that offers an Internet trading platform for the NZX and the ASX and that offers stops. Can anyone please advise?
Add your comment:
Your name:
Your email:
Not displayed to the public
Comments to Sharechat go through an approval process. Comments which are defamatory, abusive or in some way deemed inappropriate will not be approved. It is allowable to use some form of non-de-plume for your name, however we recommend real email addresses are used. Comments from free email addresses such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc may not be approved.

Related News:

What can you tell me about share trading software?
What do you know about using software to help with investment decisions?
What are moving averages?
Where do I find information on beta values?

IRG See IRG research reports