By Graeme Kennedy
|
Friday 19th April 2002 |
Text too small? |
Aircraft involved are the carrier's 747s which operate to Los Angeles, 767-300s on the Honolulu-Los Angeles route and 767-200s which can be substituted on the Hawaii service.
An Air New Zealand spokesman said all formal procedures for their operation, covering such situations as a crew member leaving the flight deck, had been completed and all bolts were expected to be fitted by the end of this month.
He said the carrier was taking part in every forum it could and was being kept informed on all security isues.
Civil Aviation Authority director John Jones said his organisation had approved the modifications. Without them, Air New Zealand would be unable to fly its US services.
Mr Jones said the CAA had no plans to require similar locks on domestic aircraft, although other security measures could be introduced. These included focusing on dangerous goods by looking at the way freight forwarders handled consignments they passed on to airlines and amendments to screening of domestic passengers, courier parcels and baggage carried in aircraft holds.
"We are looking at risk and whether we should do this domestically," Mr Jones said.
No comments yet
BLT - Strong revenue and underlying earnings growth
MFB - Food Bag reports full year profitability up 5.3%
TWR - Tower reports strong HY earnings
IPL - FY26 Annual Results
May 21st Morning Report
May 20th Morning Report
May 19th Morning Report
PYS - PaySauce to announce F26 full year results on 27 May 2026
PEB - Draft LCD Proposes Medicare Coverage for Triage and Triage
MEL - Meridian Energy monthly operating report for April 2026