Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2004

[sharechat] And China...

From: "brendos" <brendos@slingshot.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 19:17:46 +1200

Big calls about China. Who knows it could happen. It must be remembered that a lot of Chinese goods are being exported worldwide, container and container loads worldwide. The country is cashing in on New Zealands reputation as seen lately with them passing off our Mussells and in the general business of conterfeit and pirated goods. I have also heard that some our best breeding stock has taken the boat over there to help them set up farming aswell as some of our kiwifruit varieties. Is it wise to help them? Maybe it will come back to bite us.
Anyway the point is that China will become a world super power in my view as they continue to grow and as they continue to be so competitive in exporting. I dont think people realsie the growth in the country and the manpower available for their military. Just how other countries react to the 'threat' of China is yet to be seen and how people should alter their investment strategies is also uncertain.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Lazy Haggis Capitalist