[sharechat] three ports question to snoopy by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 14:44:54 +1200

Hi snoopy
                  Ex stuff from you lately well done.   The question of ports In my view Is the
port that will earn me the most In a 2 yr buy now and sell then scenario. The 3 to choose
are LPC POT or POA.   If we were a couple of dummies i would choose POA and you LPC
the only reason being we live In the area    The answer boils down to exports and imports
what Is likely to happen In the given time and how well set up Is this port to adapt to change.
LPC have this union problem that rears up and kills It In my view.    A company to succeed
must have happy workers everybody Is In the team.      POA a share I told everyone to buy
before the american cup made me a lot of money.  They have good labour relations and
a happy work force.    The  trouble with POA Is pot have been stealing their custom with
an Inland port In south Auckland and out flanking them In the north.   Pot Is very aggressive
with the way they have done things and taken longer for Investors to realise what Is going on
than I first anticipated .    Forestry and farming will make a come back and regardless of
price of the product the port company sitting In the box seat Is POT.  The money Is where
the mouth Is as usual .   Look forward to your views set It up to a 2 yr time limit
                                 cheers macdunk

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] three ports question to snoopy by macdunk Gordon and Jackie Hossack