Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2004

[sharechat] Ports of Auckland - Marina sale

From: Marilyn Munroe <who.c@res.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:49:54 +1200

As a shareholder in POA (Ports of Auckland) I am thrilled that the Government
has ponied up big dollars for the Westhaven Marina.

However checkout operators and horticultural workers who endure the daily
grind to provide the government cash through tax will be less than impressed.
Using a portion of the sweat of their brow to provide financial assistance
for rich people who need somewhere to park their boat is crass.

I sense that there are dollars to be made from a combination of taxpayer
dollars burning a hole in the governments pocket and woolly thinking.

Who owns the harbour bridge, are they quoted on the sharemarket?

Boop-boop-de-do Marilyn

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] MUL - UPDATE Cristine Kerr