Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2004

Re: [sharechat] Mining and Forestry Stocks reply

From: "Woody" <solarmax@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:09:18 +1000

' Roll on, thou deep and dark blue ocean,-roll!
Ten Thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain;
Man marks the earth with ruin, - his control
Stops with the shore; - upon the watery plain

                                                        Byron

Poor Byron failed to see that man could move beyond the shore and mark the
sea also with ruin!

How deep are you prepared to go Karyn? will you stop eating Kellogs Corn
flakes because they supported the war against Iraq.
Will you stop watching American movies, because they are full of God Bless
America propaganda.
Will you stop eating meat because the demand for meat is causing an increase
in cattle: that 'fart' methane gasses into our atmosphere.
Will you stop driving your car for the Carbon monoxide emissions.

One has to make a stand somewhere and gambling is my stand. I cannot cure
all the ills of society I can but influence a mere microbe of my environs.

I use a computer knowing that Microsoft hold the monoply on Software. Sorry!
I drive a car Knowing that the gasses are killing my future grandchildren.
Sorry!
I eat fish, knowing that by doing so I create demand in an ever decreasing
supply. Sorry!
I buy and sell shares and options in companies that I have no idea what they
are deeply involved in. Sorry!

Woody